Value-focused organization (vfO)
- The Becoming a Value-Focused Organization workshop guides participants through a value approach consisting of a full-cycle value optimization framework that works across business functions to ensure that the organization drives towards business success. The value optimization approach and framework are designed to empower business professionals to share ownership of business value by engaging business partners/peers in idea generation (ideation), value planning, and ensuring business value results through value measuring, optimizing, and communication.
- The Becoming a Value-Focused Organization workshop is supported with the book Business Relationship Management: Value Framework.
- Any organization looking to optimize and ensure business value through a BRM capability will benefit from this workshop.
NOTE: All course dates are tentative. The material has not been formally released by the BRM Institute. After that has been completed the courses will be able to run.
Becoming a Value-Focused Organization
Workshop participants can expect an interactive and lively two-day session, with a deep dive into the value framework to become value-focused. Topics include:
Clarifying the definition of business value in both tangible and intangible terms
- Clarifying value enablers and where value is lost
- Understanding the role of BRM in becoming a value-focused organization
- Understanding how to define ideas and value plans
- Understanding how to measure value—specifically, intangibles
- Ensuring and communicating realized value
- Evolving behavior and culture to focus on value
- Understanding the link between a value-focused organization and BRM Institute’s business value ability organization assessment
NOTE: We are delivering both Strategic Partner Approach workshop (Oct 5 - 6, 2019) and Becoming a Value Focused Organization workshop (Oct 10 - 11, 2019) in New Orleans at the BRM Connect Conference. Please register at brmconnect.com for those sessions.
June 13 - 14, 2019
Dec 5 - 6, 2019
Feb 6 - 7, 2020
May 21 - 22, 2020
Salt Lake City
Courses are 3 half days, 11 am - 2 pm EST.